Thursday 20 November 2014

♕ Action and Service Updates ♕


Action:

Soooo, it's been a couple of weeks in SAISA Badminton for me and I'm actually pretty happy with how everything is going. The team hasn't been chosen yet, duh, so we're working on skills training at the moment. We've focused a lot on serving, specially short serves which I find incredible hard to be honest. Long serves however are a lot easier for me so I haven't paid much attention to those. We've also worked on drop shots and placing these shots since a lot of people keep playing right back into the opponents hand. The best part so far about training would probably be the fact that now, as a senior and a returning player, Mr. Pradeep gets us to instruct the newer members should they need help. I find this awesome cus well, I like helping people haha but also because it helps me understand the techniques of the game when I need to explain it to others. So yeah... Here's a picture of us warming up before the session starts. I'll get more pictures over the next few weeks for a cool as picture post :)


 (Warm up - photo credits : Lawrence)


Service:

Well, I have service this afternoon and we're going to take the time to talk to the kids about how they found the Alzheimer's visit was. We'll have them talk about the reflections and we were also considering getting the kids to make some cute Christmas cards that can be given to the patients when we go next. We will most probably start this activity and plan out the things we need before we get paper, glitter, etc to make the best cards ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment