Wednesday 13 August 2014

~ Final Decisions ~


Hey guys,

No pretty formatting today, instead you get a mini rant because I am tired and really quite frustrated and annoyed and urgh, just no. This is turning out to be a pretty tiring day to be honest.

So we had the ASA assembly to get to know the activities we have coming up and apparently you have to have all three creativity, action and service activities running at the same time for every semester which really doesn't make sense to me because no-one can possibly have the time to do all three. Not when you're in your final year of IB and you want to seriously focus on studies.

I mean, I wanted to do SAISA Volleyball this semester along with my service activity but apparently I have to be doing a creative activity as well. But then if I do that I end up having only one free day in my whole week and I really can't afford to do that when I have to study for Finals. I can't do service all year round and alternate my Creativity and Action. What the hell, how does anyone manage that when you have a different activity on every single day plus a weekend?! This is really frustrating me because this is supposed to be my year you know? This is supposed to be the year that I juggle everything; sports, studies, service, but the schedule is just so flipping hectic and unorganized (depends on your choices) that it does not make sense to me. I guess this is what they mean by being balanced and not biting off more that you can chew but then again you shouldn't be offered activities that you know you can't do. Even if find a way to make it work and I choose to do all three CAS activities together then I have limited time in my day given that I have other things to consider (like taking my dog out for an hour daily) and tuition classes. I swear, there is just not enough time in the day -_-

*deep breath* Okay, so, my little rant is over.

Moving on, this is a quick update on what I've chosen for my final CAS activities...

Creativity: 

Drawing Club, continuing from last year to show commitment and perseverance and to further myself in weak areas and acknowledge strong areas. Also, I'm hoping to explore some of the ethical implication of art.

Action: 

Football, just playing after school for now until the season starts up. This will be developing new skills and hopefully learning new things and undertaking new challenges as I work with a new team.

Service: 

Alzheimer yes please let's do this! I just need to sign up next week and I don't want to put too much here because I have it in my earlier post.



So yupp, that's that. Sorry if this was more a rant than anything but it helps with venting frustrations. I'll catch up again with a more pleasant post once I've started on my activities. I need to go hunt around for my footy gear now and get some actual work done. 

So cya later little dudes.
Hang tight and stay awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment